5lb lean leg of lamb
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
4 tablespoons redcurent jelly
2 tablespoons honey
sprigs of rosemary
- Bring the lamb up to room temperature to prevent shrinkage when cooking
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C
- Gently warm the redcurrent jelly and honey until runny.
- Rub balsamic vinegar onto lamb and place the lamb over sliced onions (optional) in a roasting tin
- Turn the oven down to 190, and quickly put the lamb into the oven.
- Cook for 1 3/4 hours for medium, 2 1/4 well done
- During roasting baste liberally with its juices and warmed honey mixture
- 30 minutes before end of cooking time, pierce lamb and decorate with sprigs of rosemary
- When cooked, transfer lamb to a warm serving dish, cover and leave to rest for 20-30 minutes in a warm place.
See Shrewsbury Sauce for a lamb variation
Filed under: Lamb